Birthday Fun Quiz
19 Aug 2013
In August 2013 LDPA Credit Insurance celebrates 21 years of delivering bespoke credit insurance solutions for our customers.
How good is your knowledge of 1992?
Try our quiz and let us know how you scored!
- What title was dubbed on David Mellor after he admitted having an affair with an actress?
- Sally Gunnell won an Olympic gold medal? What was the event?
- Which motor company launched a futuristic car called the XJ220 priced at $750,00?
- Where was the fire that destroyed Brunswick Tower and St. George’s Hall?
- Which city experienced race riots following the acquittal of four police officers?
- 1992 saw a general election. Which appropriately named horse won the Grand National a few days before?
- Which film won Oscars for Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins?
- As well as being a great artist, what else was Michelangelo?
- Which American tycoon stood against Bill Clinton and George Bush in the Presidential election?
- Who had a 1992 hit with Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
- Who released the theme to the film The Crying Game?
- In the 1992 film ‘The Bodyguard’, which actress did Kevin Costner protect?
- How much do you remember about 1992? Share your facts with us! We’ve provided you with some trivia below to get you started. Pick your topic and send us your great facts. We’ll share the best ones:
- Michael Jackson starts the Dangerous World tour, supporting his Dangerous album in Munich, Germany.
- November Rain by Guns N’ Roses enters the world record books when it becomes the longest single, at 8 minutes, 57 seconds, to reach the US Top 20.
- Nirvana’s Nevermind album goes to No. 1 in the US Billboard 200 chart, establishing the widespread popularity of the Grunge movement of the 1990s.
- Vince Neil leaves Mötley Crüe after 11 years as the band’s lead singer, to spend more time on his career as a racing car driver.
- The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert takes place at Wembley Stadium in London, England. All proceeds go to AIDS research.
- In Los Angeles, California, USA, Madonna’s bustier is stolen from a display in Frederick’s of Hollywood. A US$1,000 reward is offered for its return.
- Kylie Minogue ends her working relationship with Stock Aitken Waterman and the record label PWL.
- TV – The Big Breakfast made its debut as a breakfast TV programme
- Sports – Barcelona hosted the summer Olympics
- Politics – John Major was Prime Minister
- Technology – Floppy disks were used to store data on computers
- Cars – a gallon of petrol cost £2.13
- Household – how much was a pint of milk?
- Fashion – what were you wearing? Photos would be great!
What were you or your company doing in 1992? Share some of your memories with us!
19th August 2013